Monday, September 29, 2008

New Music

I was introduced to a band today called The Polyphonic Spree. It only took one song for me to say "I like this music. I'm going to order it now." Then, in a hypnotic trance I logged on to half.com and ordered three of their CDs.

Now I'm blinking my eyes and wondering how in the world that happened. I'm going to have to check that song for subliminal hypnotic lyrics...

But in seriousness I really liked the sound I heard, and I liked it enough that I wanted to hear a lot more. They are a very... different band. There are 23 members, and they wear these weird hippie looking robes. I watched one of their performances on youtube and I felt like I was watching a musical cult that just stepped off a 1960s VW Bus. It was at that point that I laughed and wondered what I had done.

So I will have to give you my review of the albums when I get them. What I have heard so far is a pretty cool sound. Really big. Lots of instruments. It sounds very joyful for the most part.

3 comments:

Mage said...

Delightful, movie, delightful toilet, and I will wait on the music.

Mage said...

It being the 10th, I just wanted you to know we have returned for opinions and found no new ones.

Anonymous said...

I listened to part of the concert where they were wearing nightshirts. I heard a lot of flat notes but that was probably what they meant to do. Yes, definitely like the flower children. SLY MA